- Roast the seeds and blend to a powder. Blend all together to make a paste.
- Spread the marinade all over the tail and allow to marinade for up to 6 hours.
- Set the oven at 190c, place the monktail on a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes or until cooked. Once cooked, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
Spiced Aubergine, Roasted Cashews & Curry Leaves
- Pre-set the oven at 180c.
- Brush the aubergines in a little rapeseed oil.
- Roast of the aubergines over an open flame charring the skin then finish cooking in the oven until soft. Once cooked remove from the oven and set aside and cover with in foil.
- In a thick bottomed pan, roast the cumin seeds in a little oil then add the chillies, red onions, ginger & cook at a moderate heat without colour until soft. Now add the chopped tomatoes and reduce until thick. Peel the cooked aubergine then drain in a colander to allow the excess water to drain from the aubergine before adding to the pot. Cook out for 10 minutes before adding the mint & coriander