- 60g egg yolk
- 120g eggs – whole
- 5g salt
- 20g English mustard
- 100g vinegar base (see recipe)
- 6g gelatine (gold leaf)
- 300g vegetable oil
- 50g olive oil
- 25g tarragon
- 1kg turnips (peeled)
- 500g milk
- 100g cream
- 100g butter
- 120g fresh broad beans, outer skins removed
- 20g butter
- 1tspn chopped thyme
- 10ml water
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 200g lamb trimmings
- 1tspn cumin seeds
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 200ml Madeira
- 1litre lamb stock (see recipe)
- ½ litre chicken stock
- 100ml lamb fat
- 400g lamb loin
- 4 x 50g lamb breasts
- Sprig rosemary
- 200g rendered lamb fat
- 20g lamb fat
- Olive oil
- Nasturtium leaves
- 400g shallots, roughly chopped
- 10g peppercorns
- 500g white wine vinegar
- 2 bunches tarragon, roughly chopped
- Heat the tarragon base and add the gelatine and set aside.
- In a Thermomix, blend the eggs, egg yolk, mustard and tarragon together.
- Gradually add the base/gelatine mixture while hot.
- Pour the oils in slowly and add the remaining tarragon, forming the mayonnaise.
- Thinly slice the turnips in a pan. Add the milk, cream and butter.
- Bring to the boil and cook until soft.
- Strain and blend in a Thermomix with the temperature sitting at 90°c. Add liquid to get required texture.
- Emulsify the butter and water together.
- Add the thyme and garlic.
- Warm the broad beans through at the last minute.
- In a pan, heat the lamb fat and add the trimmings, onion and seeds. Cook for 2 minutes until there is good colouration.
- Add the celery, paprika and tarragon.
- Deglaze with Madeira.
- Reduce to ¾.
- Add the stocks and reduce to required consistency.
- Pass through a fine sieve.
- Place lamb breast in a vac pac bag with 200g of rendered lamb fat and a sprig of rosemary.
- Cook at 80°c for 12 hours on steam setting.
- Remove once cooked and press under a weight then cool.
- Pan fry the loin of lamb in 20g lamb fat. Add the breast and caramelise evenly.
- Place the turnip purée on a plate and build the meat and broad beans on top.
- Thinly slice some raw turnip and season with salt and a little olive oil.
- Place the turnip slices on top and finish with nasturtium leaves, tarragon mayonnaise and cumin sauce.
- Place all ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to vac pac bags and seal.
- Place in a fridge to infuse for 24 hours before using.